SINGAPORE, 7 February 2024 – GIC today announces changes to its senior management team, which will come into effect on 1 April 2024.
- Mr Sam Kim, currently Deputy Chief Operating Officer (COO), will be appointed COO and join the Group Executive Committee (GEC). The GEC is the highest management body in GIC. The committee reviews and approves key investment issues, organisational as well as personnel matters.
- Mr Bryan Yeo, currently Chief Investment Officer (CIO) for Public Equities, will be appointed Deputy Group CIO. He will also oversee GIC’s Integrated Strategies Group (ISG) as Director.
- Mr Mark Ong, currently Head of Asia Pacific Equities, will take over from Mr Yeo as CIO for Public Equities.
- Mr Goh Chin Kiong, currently Deputy CIO for Real Estate, will be appointed CIO for Real Estate. He takes over from Mr Lee Kok Sun who will be retiring from GIC.
- Mr Boon Chin Hau will be appointed Deputy CIO for Infrastructure.
- Mr Tay Lim Hock will step down as Deputy Group CIO and COO. Mr Lim Kee Chong will step down as Deputy Group CIO and Director of ISG. Both Mr Tay and Mr Lim will remain members of the GEC and the Global Leadership Group, and will continue to be involved in the review of investments and other enterprise-level initiatives.
Mr Lim Chow Kiat, Chief Executive Officer of GIC, said, “I would like to express my gratitude to Mr Lee, for his commitment to GIC over the last 27 years including his time as CIO for Real Estate. Our real estate portfolio is the global industry leader that it is today thanks to Mr Lee’s vision, tenacity and dedication. We wish Mr Lee all the best in his retirement. It is our privilege that both Mr Tay and Mr Lim will continue to contribute their expertise as members of our various leadership groups. With this refreshed leadership bench, I am confident that we can continue to pursue excellence in our operating and investment capabilities, and navigate the investment environment.”